How Salt Therapy Works
During a Salt Therapy session you will sit in a specailly prepared room, with salt on the walls and floors, whilst a Halo-generator controls the microscopic salt particles flowing into the room. The conditions in the salt room are designed to replicate the microclimate found in the naturally occuring salt caves of Eastern Europe. The aim of Salt Therapy is:
- To assist with mucus clearance from the airways
- To enhance mucociliary clearance mechanism in both asthmatic and healthy subjects
- To provide anti-inflammatory and bactericidal effects
- To reduce bronchial hyperresponsiveness
- To help clear unwanted inhaled particles from lungs
- To provide a feeling of breathing easier
Salt Therapy for Children with Respiratory Illnesses and Eczema
Natural healing methods are a lot more effective with children because they react more intensively than adults do. Please note that there is no age limit for Salt Therapy, however, for practical reasons, at Salt Sanctuary only children over 6 months of age can enter the salt rooms. For further information about how Salt Therapy helps children please click here.
Call Now on 07 3488 0799 to book your Salt Therapy session or book online. Ask about our special introductory offer for new clients.